Thursday, August 19, 2010

Independent Studies in HCI - My thoughts about it

Well, during the principal's dialogue on Tuesday, our topic for discussion was about the new subject, Independent Studies. It consists of 50% from our project's day grades and the other half from ACE(I think). As the dialogue went on, i seemed to be getting even more anxious by the second. If you fail your independent studies, you would have to go to 3Q, how scary was that? TO make matters worse, I had done badly in this year's projects day. I could not make it past the semi-finals. Then, i thought about the Ace i have done for this term - virtually none. I was getting worried. However, I would be safe if i managed to max my ace. However, what about the people who did very badly for projects day? They could not even make the grade even if they maxed their ace? Isn't switching them to the Q class too harsh on them? I think that the IS grade should be included in the overall msg, without it having such huge importance by itself. By including it in the msg for sec 2s, we could try to pull down our msg through other subjects, rather then the decision being made after evaluating one subject alone. Isn't that too harsh?

1 comment:

  1. It was a shock for me when i found out about this year new system. I did not know that IS was so important. I recalled back and knew i lost several marks from ACE and project. I was very worried. But luckily Dr HOn say that we could appeal. So we won't go Q class based on IS straightaway :)

    ReplyDelete