Saturday, June 13, 2009

Favourite character in Village by the sea

I had read the book "Village by the sea" for the literature test. So... who is my favourite character in the book? i guess that would be Mr.Panwallah. I find that he is very helpful,kind and cheerful. When Hari went ot work in Jagu's restaurant, he helped him a lot and even taught Hari how to mend watches. He taught Hari that we should adapt to changes in the world around us. In Hari's case, he should set up a poultry farm and help to mend watches for a living. Mr.Panwallah also brought Hari out on several occasions, helping Hari during his time in Bombay. Even though Hari was just a boy working at Jagu's restaurant, he was willing to help him and made his life easier in Bombay. Thus, Mr.Panwallah is my favourite character.

1 comment:

  1. In my opinion, I feel that Mr Panwallah is also my favorite character. He is one of those few people who taught Hari the survival skill needed in Hari's current stage of life. He tells him that we must adapt to our surroundings, that is how all creatures live. This helped Hari a lot.

    ReplyDelete